Who's that, you ask? Hammy has his friend Fitzwilliam visiting and he kindly let Fitz be in the card shots today. They met online. We are taking care of Fitz while he has some corrective eye surgery at a well-known clinic here in the Bay Area. I know, right? You'd think the surgery would be for those rather large ears, unusual for a frog, but we don't embarrass him by mentioning it.
Here's a closeup of the pretty sheenification:
- Country View Challenges: Easter and/or spring.
- Inkspirational: Pop it up.
- Rainbow Card Challenge: Perfectly pink.
I made quite a few cards with this design, using different papers and colors, but they were too similar to post them all. The only ones a bit different were these two:
- The Color Throwdown Challenge.
- Fusion Card Challenge: Play with the photo ~ Easter eggs.
- Moving Along With the Times: That spring feeling.
- Cardz 4 Galz: Pretty papers. (I used two.)
- CAS on Friday #155: Spring.
- Memory Box Challenge #48: Clean and simple.
CAS Mix Up Challenge. We are to use the technique of "layered stamping with heat embossing." I heat-embossed the flower using SU melon mambo and Ranger white e/ps, and for the leaves I used WOW olive and Ranger white e/ps. Another new technique to me and I have to say, it really does add a lot vibrancy to your images!
I added some additional shades of pink to the flower with my Ziggies and popped it and the leaves on a leafy embossed background. Can you see the sediment? In order to keep all eyes on the flower, I simply stamped it with Versamark and white heat-embossed it for shine.
- Altenew April Inspiration Challenge: See photo below.
- The Card Concept: See photo below. I was inspired by the pink flowers for my clean and simple card style.
- CAS Mix Up Challenge: Layered stamping with heat embossing, stamping, die-cutting, and dry embossing.
As always, thank you for coming by and staying a very long time to visit the Playhouse! Special thanks to you if you took the time to join as a follower! Please let me know you came by, so I can be sure and return the flavor!