I hope you're doing well and keeping cool! The temps have dropped a little bit here and any wee drop is very welcome! I pray for those impacted by the heat and the horrible fires.
Let's start today with a bright summer design:
I'm pleased with myself for making a watercolor card with this NBUS stamp within a few days of getting it, she says, patting herself on the back. The stamp is from Honey Bee, called "Framed: Anemones." I used my KGT paints and other than that, the stamp does all the work for you because the wide frame is part of the stamp. (Thank you, Emily Midgett.) Handsome little Hammy added liberal winking. In real life, the colors are more vibrant, the shading more pronounced, and the schparkle more schparkly.
- Seize the Birthday: Colors: Purple, Blue, and Green.
- Addicted to Stamps and More: Any Occasion.
- Cardz 4 Galz: Get Inky.
- Double D: Colors: Purple, Blue, and Green.
And now to cool you off, here is a page from a photo album of the Snowfolks. I turned to my Christmas bits binder and found these guys already die cut. Score! I colored them with my Ziggies and made the album design using panels cut with an MFT die. The four panels were placed atop a piece of silver-embossed pp. Hammy went on a deep dive into Miss Elaine Yus's box of goodies and found this old glossy holly embellie which works perfectly in the bull's eye center!
- Christmas Kickstart: Show us your Snowfolk.
- Pixie's Snippets Playground: AG using snippets (snowfolk and panels). Join us for a cocktail & recipe exchange by the paddling pool! Here's mine: Vodka Lemon Drop Cocktail
- Rudolph Days
- Shopping Our Stash: WTH Embellishments!
Oh, Blogger! 😕 Oops, here come's another ant. I mean rant.
- I want to apologize if a bunch of my old posts suddenly popped up in your inbox last week. I didn't do it, honest. Blogger had some sort of mental breakdown again. And it didn't just impact my posts; a lot of your posts from months ago ended up in my inbox, too. No clue why. No explanation from Blogger.
- Not only that, but I just learned from a friend via the NBUS gallery that Blogger deleted two of her posts with a terse popup saying they violated child safety guidelines ~ which, of course, is totally ridiculous. Worse still, get this: The email said that if she wished to "request a review" of their findings, she could click on a link. When she clicked on the link (in both instances), the popup said this: "400. That's an error. The server cannot process the request because it is malformed. It should not be retried. That's all we know." Seriously?
- Not only that, as I mentioned in a post in May, your friends comments might be in your Spam folder. It is located under Comments on your dashboard. At the top of the Comments is "All" with a drop-down arrow. There you will see All, Awaiting Moderation, Published, and Spam. Make sure you check all your folders occasionally. In addition to legit comments showing up in the Spam folder, unpublished comments are also still showing up in my list of "All (published)" comments on the dashboard of my blog.
We always assume the comments in the All list are all published because they should be and, unfortunately, you can't tell by looking at the list of comment if some unpublished comments are lurking in there. So now every few days I have to scroll down the far right side of the list to make sure there aren't any checkmarks that appear as the mouse rolls down the column. If there are, I just click on the checkmark and a popup asks me if I'm sure I want the comment published. Duh! So frustrating.
(This is so hard to explain. Please email me or call me if none of this makes any sense!) I managed to blog for over ten years without having this glitch with comments. Someone at Blogger caused it, so why has it been months without someone fixing it back to the way it was?
Nothing can be done about these things, but I wanted to give you a head's up so that if it happens to you, at least you know you're not alone. Please share if you do know clues or answers to these things that are happening.
After all that, we need a laugh:
Enjoy your day! No, seriously, enjoy! LITS!*
As always, thank you for coming by to visit the Playhouse, being a follower, and leaving me some love!
p.s. I'm happy to say my meds got sorted out Monday morning by the two parties involved without any further intervention from me! Imagine that! I appreciated your sharing your experiences and your comments of support. I'm sorry that so many of you have been in similar situations.💕
*Life is too short!
To open the pop-up comment box that let's you jump to the end w/o scrolling: Click CTL + Home. Click the Home tab under my blog banner which resets the post. Click Page Down to reach the end of the post. Click Comments and a pop-up box opens. Click "Jump to Comment Form" and wallah, no more car pool tunnel! Mwah! (p.s. If you ask me a question in your comment, please remember to leave me your email address so I can respond. Thank you!)