I stamped the image in black and clear heat embossed. The design is intricate, so using the black ink gives me all the details. Heat embossing in clear sets the design. If I used Versamark and black embossing powder, I would loose some of the detail.
I painted the image with metallic acrylic paints (green, light blue). I used a water brush to dilute the paint as it was being added. I stamped the image on my card front as well as on a second piece of mixed media paper. Both were painted with the acrylics and then I used a damp paper towel to lightly swipe over top to enhance the black heat embossed lines. The separate dragonfly was fussy-cut ... just the top wings and body. I then added crystal glaze to the body and let it dry before adhering on top of my card front dragonfly.Thank you, Lolly!
- Cardz 4 Galz: Party Time - Celebrate! Congratulations on your 100th Challenge!
- Country View Challenges: Blues and greens.
- Seize the Birthday: Option topping of sunshine.
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Make your own background.
As always, thank you for coming by to visit the Playhouse and special thanks to you if you take the time to join as a follower! Please let me know you came by so I can be sure and return the flavor!