Today is my day to appear as a Guest Designer for my friend Lolly's inspiring annual Christmas tag event: Twelve Tags of Christmas With Loll and Friends. This will be the final year and I want to thank Lolly for putting this event together every year for five years! I have found lots of beautiful tag inspiration in the galleries over the years!
Here is my tag for Day Nine:
- Inspiration Tags posted Nov. 5 - 16.
- Linky open for entries Nov. 5 - 23.
- Top Tags posted Nov. 30.
- Make a Mixed Media or CAS Mixed Media Christmas tag. (Include stamping plus two mixed media elements.)
- Include a link to Twelve Tags challenge in your write-up.
- Add your entry with the linky tool on Loll's blog.
- Enter as many times as you'd like, new entries only please.
- Winning Tag - $50 Gift Certificate for Simon Says Stamp.
- Random Draw + Top Three Tags: $25 Gift Certificate each
for Simon Says Stamp.
It was a pleasure bringing you a cold and icy tag today to take my mind off the fact that so much of California is burning again. All these years of drought are really being felt as over 117,000 acres have burned in this latest fire which is only 30% contained. Over 7,000 structures have gone up in flames, most of them homes. An entire town of 26,000 people is in ashes. To date, 42 people have died, and over 200 are still missing. It's beyond sad, but it's also a miracle more people didn't die as the fire was traveling the length of a football field every three seconds! Horrifying!
Thank you to all the brave firefighters who are putting their lives on the line to save as many homes and as much property as they can. We pray for their safety as they work 24-hour shifts. Many of them have lost their own homes, but they work on, trying to save the homes of others.
We are five days into it and the smoke is still at an unhealthy level throughout the Bay Area (where we are), which is 180 miles away from the center of the inferno! And there are two other deadly fires currently raging near Los Angeles. It is all very scary and it reminds us once again how life can change in an instant. It reminds me to tell you how much I appreciate you! Mwah!
Enjoy your day! No, seriously, enjoy! LITS!*
*Life is too short!