Well, it did work, but the power came back on a couple of hours later, so I am editing on the PC in order to fix up the challenge information. It was one of those days where a lot of the challenge stars lined up!
- I wanted to play in the brand new Colour Me ...! challenge, where the featured color is Island Indigo.
- I went in search of a sketch and found this wonderful design over at The Friday Mashup - Tic Tock. I chose to just use the sketch this time:
- Coinkydinkly, the theme this week at Less Is More is "Winter Blues" and Chrissie and Jen would like us to use blue on our cards:
- The current challenge at CAS-ual Fridays (CFC) is "In a Word" where we are supposed to use a word that represents our hope for the new year.
- Since I used snippets, I can take my card over to share at Pixie's Snippets Playground!
When I was thinking of the design for the sketch, I realized I could also participate in the word-of-the-year for 2014 that I'm seeing a lot of you doing and then I noticed that CFC has the same idea for this week's challenge.
As you can see, my word is "poof." You can scroll down to my last post where I explain. Basically it's a reminder to me (again!) of the Serenity Prayer, not to sweat the small stuff, not to beat my hamster's head against the wall about matters over which we have no control, and to let go of any negativity.
In our New Friends Corner, I'm delighted to have you meet Cat Craig of Cat Luvs Paper! Cat has been blogging since 2012 and I think you will enjoy seeing the wonderful card art she has made and shares on her site!
Thank you, Cat, for joining in the fun over here!!
|Paper||PTI white; SU island indigo|
|Stamps||Penny Black 4040K "Sparklers"; |
Hero Arts "Brush Stroke" alphabet
|Ink||SU island indigo; Sakura Clear Star pen|
|Accessories||Hero Arts Hero Hues bling|