Did you miss me? Did the dog run away trying to find me and the cat go up a tree?
I squired Hammy away with me in the suitcase and we had a blast while we were away! Wait. What? I wasn't in the suitcase, he was! More reunion talk below, but for those who just want to see cards in this space, I have a couple that I made before I left which I didn't have time to post.
- CAS Mix Up Challenge: Watercolour wash (sky and lawn) + stamping + die cutting (scalloped border).
- Double D Challenges: Sentiments/Quotes. They can be silly, right?
- Retro Rubber: Anything goes. I've been stamping this lovely lay-about lady laying out for years and years. She is a vo stamp from Art Impressions.
- Stamp Ink Paper: Watercolor. In addition to the background washes, I watercolored the image with my Ziggies.
The jewel-toned background of this card was in my UCB box. I made it ages ago by smearing my Ziggies onto an acrylic block, spritzing it with water, and then stamping it onto paper. I actually still have a few of these spritzed arty backgrounds in the box. When I saw the challenge at Just Us Girls (which I missed, darn it) was "Block Watercolor Stamping," I pulled this background out and attached it to a coordinating colored card base. Now what?
I turned and whistled over my shoulder for Hammy, who was busy in the neighbor's fig tree. (Figs are like crack for the field mice, roof rats, raccoons, and little domesticated hamsters in the neighborhood!) With the promise that he could go right back to stuffing his face, Hammy cleaned himself off in the birdbath and sat on the window sill to see what my panic was. He is so great at remembering the challenges, he immediately told me to add a silhouette.
The NBUS silhouette die I chose was "Princess Dress" from Memory Box. As my friend Lolly says, silhouettes can be any color, but for this background, I felt black was best. The NBUS sediment is from Paper Smooches.
- CAS Watercolour Card Challenge. Silhouette.
- Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge. Silhouette.
Sunday Stamps: Autumn colors.
One of the many pleasant experiences of my trip back to the Midwest was meeting my bloggie friend, Pat McCleary.
Enjoy your day! No, seriously, enjoy! LITS!*
I'm going to sleep for two days and then I'll be back on Sunday for opening day of NBUS Challenge #12! See you then!