I hope you have had a great week!
Did you think I had whooshed completely out of the Blogosphere? No, no, but I wasn't feeling my best and that sucked the mojojuice right out of me.
Not only that, but you may remember my sister came for a visit recently. Well, after she left almost a week ago, I went out to the Playhouse to find a note from Hammy that he had gotten bored while I was busy with my sister, so he left to go see his own sister.
Wait. What? I didn't even know he had a sister.
Now that I think about it, he did put the word "sister" in quotes in his note, so I'm thinking he meant he was going off to see one of his girlfriends! Oh, help!
After much sighing and napping, yesterday I decided that I couldn't wait for him to return and I just needed to muddle on without him. To cheer up and get the mojojuice flowing, I switched things up around here, using colored cardstock for both my cards!
Here we go!
I wish you could see these butterflies IRL. They are just exquisite little creatures, made by Little B. Here is a close-up, which still doesn't do their sparkles justice. (By the way, they are a lovely raspberry color IRL. I don't know why they turned purplie in the photo.)
- Butterfly Challenge: W is for Washi Tape.
- CAS(E) This Sketch: A Sketch Challenge.
- Pals Paper Arts: A Color Challenge.
- I decided to sorta turn Chriss's pretty card inside out by using old olive as my card base, red as my decorative-edged panel, and black for my poinsettia. I see you cocking your head to the side. Whadya think? Chriss loves poinsettias, so I'm hoping she likes this one, even in nontraditional black.
- I don't actually have a poinsettia die, but have you ever noticed how poinsettia petals look just like leaves? So I made my poinsettia by layering leaves from a Memory Box "Tender Leaves" die!
- (I'm not saying that was genius or anything, but if a certain hamster is reading this, he might want to hustle his sweet cheeks back to the Playhouse. I'm just sayin'.)
- The flower center was found in the bottom of my flower drawer, waiting patiently for this day to come.
- As Chriss did, I added a flourish (Hero Arts) around the panel, embossed in gold. My sediment is from Hot Fudge Studio, heat-embossed in black instead of gold to balance out the heaviness of the black flower.
- Chriss added a leaf to her poinsettia flower, but since I used leaves to make my flower, I then would have needed to use a flower as my leaf and even to my heavily-medicated-inside-out way of thinking, that was just too convoluted and confuzzling, so I left it off. Are you all woozy now, too?!
- Christmas Card Challenges: Anything Goes.
- Memory Box Challenge: Cool Thoughts for Warm Days. (Christmas in August!)
- Pixie's Snippets Playground: Use Your Snippets.
Click the Home tab under my blog banner which resets the post.
Click Page Down to reach the end of the post.
Click Comments and the pop-up box opens.
Click Jump to Comment Form; no more car pool tunnel! Mwah!
If you ask me a question in your comment, please remember to leave
me your email address so I can respond. Thank you!