And here I am, pickled tink to note that I have reached 500 followers, which just astounds and even confounds me! But whoopie!! I am so grateful for your encouragement, support, and friendship. I think this milestone event gives me the perfect opportunity to show you just how grateful I am!
What the heck is NBUS? Most of you know coz you're followers, but it's an aaackronym I coined about a year ago that stands for "never-before-used schtuff." That means virginal. I wanted something that would motivate me to use product that I buy (or win or receive as a gift), put away, and forget about. The idea behind it is not new. Susan Raihala of Simplicity created a "Use Your Stamps" challenge, specifically for stamps. There is also Kirsten of Crash Your Stash, Traci of Depleting My Stash - My Journey, and there's Shopping Our Stash. I'm sure there are others, as well.
Counting and posting when I use NBUS on a card has worked for me as I have used NBUS 134 times since last June and I don't even count paper or small items. And even if I use three NBUS on a card, I only count it once for that post. Of course, the whole time I'm using NBUS, I'm buying more NBUS! Hey, what can I say? I'm a product pig and you guys are all enablers with your fantastic creations!
I've been delighted to see a lot of you picking up the NBUS moniker and playing along on your blogs. Now you can do it and win a prize! I even had my new friend and follower Nikki of Graphix and Designs design a challenge button for me!
NBUS Challenge #1
- You MUST use a NBUS item on your creation and tell us what it is. It doesn't matter if it's old or new (although that old virginal schtuff would really like some attention!).
- The theme is "anything goes" with an emphasis on "friendship." You are an eclectic group of followers with a wide range of styles. I want you to be cozy and inside your comfort zone. Show me what crafty project or style of card art brings you the most creative joy and makes you think of friendship.
- Cut and paste the NBUS button above into your post and include a link back to here.
- Please enter only four other challenges, in addition to this one, for a total of five.
- You may enter up to three times. New work only, please.
- Link up your creation using the InLinkz button below in the usual way.
- This challenge will close on Friday, June 27, 2014 at noon PDT.
FIVE TEN $25 gift certificates will be
awarded from the following (your choice):
- Country View Crafts (UK)
After just one week, the entries are over 100! I am overwhelmed by your support and enthusiasm for my NBUS Challenge. In appreciation, I am adding these prizes!
- FIVE Winner's Choice Gift Certificates! $25 each, to the company of your choice!
Miss Elaine E. Uss
(The advantage of also clicking the blue "Join This Site" button is that once I see you there, I introduce you and your blog to my other readers. It is okay to both follow and subscribe to a blog.)
If this is successful, I will hold another challenge when I reach 600 followers and so on! Sorry this first one is so wordy. If this catches on, I'll do a tab at the top of my blog that contains all the small print
Enjoy your day! No, seriously, enjoy. LITS!*
Thank you, again! Mwah!!