I'm a SAHM just trying to stay sane by any means possible. I will pretty much try anything crafty. I have a B.A. In Fine Arts and specialized in painting. I have tried my hand at many types of arts and crafts like, stained glass, lithography, scrapbooking, rubber stamping, cake decorating, and much more. There are a lot of things I still want to try. I would have to say that my two favourites are card making and painting.
ETA: Kim has written to let me know the poinsettia image is a
Jumbo stamp set by Stampendous.
They still sell it on their site. Here's the link.
I have to share with you what happened while I was making Kim's DJKASE. The card was completed, adhered, and wrapped in a bow. The only thing left to do was apply some red liquid pearl drops to the center of the poinsettia. That's when I found out that Hammy had been playing with the two-tiered lazy Susan I have for storing my liquid pearls and my reinkers.
Since the bottles are the same size and they look very similar when they are upside down, I make sure they aren't mixed up on the tiers.
- Addicted to Stamps and More, where the theme is Holiday. (Both cards.)
- CASology challenge where the cue card is Lucky.* (Kim's card.)
- Color Throwdown challenge. (Barb's card.)
- Merry Monday Christmas Challenge, where the theme is red, gray, and white. (Kim's card.)
- Pixie's Snippets Playground where the brief is to use snippets. (Barb's card.)
- Rudolph Day challenge hosted by the fabulous Sarn at Stamping for Pleasure. (Both cards.)
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is Transparent. (Barb's card.) The poinsettia and the blush pink in the square panel are both vellum.
On Thursday I woke up with the nasty thing (meaning the cold, not the Mister) and it has knocked me off my cankles. I'm sad I had to miss a wonderful milestone birthday luncheon for one of my friends. I feel like I'm walking under water and I'm not that speedy when I feel good! This post took me two days to write, for goodness sake, so please forgive me if I am tardy getting around to visit and chat with you.
The good news is that we have the granddog Duke for a couple of weeks and having him around makes us feel better! Mwah!
Enjoy your day! No, seriously, enjoy. LITS!**
As always, thank you for coming by to visit the Playhouse and special thanks to you if you take the time to leave a comment and /or join as a follower!
Please let me know you came by, so I can be sure and return the flavor!
Click the Home tab under my blog banner which resets the post.
Click Page Down to reach the end of the post.
Click Comments and the pop-up box opens.
Click Jump to Comment Form; no more car pool tunnel!