- In June 2013, I coined the acronym NBUS. It stands for "Never-Before-Used Schtuff." We all have it, we all forget we have it, and we all keep buying more of it.
- I actually started numbering NBUS in my posts every time I used a NBUS product, which motivated me to keep on using more NBUS, as if I was having a contest with myself. Many of my friends and fellow bloggers picked up the NBUS acronym and started using it whenever they gave some love to a new and, as yet, unloved product.
- One year later in June 2014, I reached 500 followers. I have never given out Blog Candy, but I did want to find a way to thank all of you for bringing me to this unimaginable milestone, so I began my NBUS Challenge and awarded prizes. I was overwhelmed by the enthusiasm and participation.
- Thereafter, I have held more challenges as each additional hundred followers joined. You can find links to all challenges below.
- How do you pronounce it? However you want! I once asked about this in a post and found that about a third of you say Knee Bus, about a third of you say En Bus, and about a third of you say New Bus. Originally, I said Knee Bus, but now I'm saying New Bus, because I like the thinking that I am using NEW schtuff!
- Future challenges: From now on, barring any unforeseen circumstances, I plan to hold two NBUS Challenges a year: one in March and one in September because I feel those months are the least encumbered with holidays or summer vacations.
- Challenge #8 was an unexpected surprise to celebrate my 5-year blogaversary and reaching over 1,000 followers.
- NBUS Challenge #10 * January 30 - February 5, 2017. Click here to visit the post and view the gallery.
- NBUS Challenge #9 * January 23 - January 29, 2017. Click here to visit the post and view the gallery.
- NBUS Challenge #8 * January 16 - January 22, 2017. Click here to visit the post and view the gallery.
- NBUS Challenge #7 * August 27 - September 5, 2016. Click here to visit the post and view the gallery.
- NBUS Challenge #6 * March 1 - March 10, 2016. Click here to visit the post and view the gallery.
- NBUS Challenge #5 * September 8 - September 18, 2015. Click here to visit the post and view the gallery.
- NBUS Challenge #4 * March 21 - March 31, 2015. Click here to visit the post and view the gallery.
- NBUS Challenge #3 * January 1 - January 22, 2015. Click here to visit the post and view the gallery.
- NBUS Challenge #2 * September 4, - September 25, 2014. Click here to visit the post and view the gallery.
- NBUS Challenge #1 * June 6 - June 27, 2014. Click here to visit the post and view the gallery.
Please note: There is another website that has adopted my NBUS Challenge name and premise for a monthly challenge for their membership. In case you run across them while surfing or searching, I want you to know that I am not affiliated with their challenge.
February 13, 2017 - NBUS Challenge #10
Marianne of Marianne's Cards 'n Stuff ~ $25 Gift Certificate
Donna of Lakefront Stamping Creations ~ $25 Gift Certificate
Nonni of Nonni's Handmade Cards ~ Scor-Buddy scoring tool
Barb of Barb's Studio Creations ~ Mini MISTI
Bozena of Art Card Box ~ 36 set Zig Clean Color Pens
February 13, 2017 - NBUS Challenge #9
Sybrina of Chapter Three ~ $25 Gift Certificate
Greta of GG Creations ~ ATG and three tape refills
Kitty of KT Fit Kitty ~ Mini MISTI
Carol of Crafting by Carol ~ Chameleon Pens
February 13, 2017 - NBUS Challenge #8
Verna of VA's Creative Clutter ~ $25 Gift Certificate
JoAnn of Crafty Nana's Blog ~ $25 Gift Certificate
Maxine of Kiwime's Kreations ~ Faber Castell Polychromos Pencils
Andrea of KandA Creative Moments ~ Mini MISTI
Christine of It's a Card Day's Night ~ Clarity Stencil Brushes
September 6, 2016 - NBUS Challenge #7 had no prizes. I ran the challenge without prizes to see if people would still enter. To my delight, there were 304 entries!
March 10, 2016 - NBUS Challenge #6 winners of $25 gift certificates
Cat Craig of Cat Luvs Paper (#322)
Elaine of Craft-E-Place (#16)
Leigh Penner of To The Full (#179)
Marilyn of One Stamping Fool (#318)
Sonja of Old Girl (#83)
And the winner of the set of Brushos is Cheryl W. of Paper Panacea!
September 18, 2015 - NBUS Challenge #5
April 2, 2015 - NBUS Challenge #4 ($25 gift certificate)
Annie of Redanne
Donna W. of Designs by Donna
Harriet of Ally Cat Cards
Kath of Handmade by Kath
Sandy of Stamp With Sandy
January 22, 2015 - NBUS Challenge #3 ($25 gift certificate)
Aileen of Flickr
Anita for My Papercraft World
Barb of Loves2colour
Brenda of Friends Crafting With Friends
Carol S. of Inky Fingers
Christine Smith of Crafty Chris
Cindy Beach of Stamp, Paper, and Ink
Conil of Which Craft?
Gail of Ionabunny
Gerrina of Gerrina's Creative World
Helen of Handmade Cards by Helen
Janis of Her Peaceful Garden
Julia of Create With Me
Laurie of Stamping Up North
Linda of Life in the Craft Lane
Michelle of Amusing Michelle
Nancy L. of Splitcoast Stampers
Rahmat of Cards and Cooking Corner
Ros of Mikey's Mom
Shaz of Shaz in Oz
September 28, 2014 - NBUS Challenge #2 ($25 gift certificate)
Chriss of Botanical Cafe
Gay of Crafty Musings
Jenny of Cardsrus
Joyce of Cards-by-the-Sea
Karen M. of Made by Meadie
Karen P. of Stamping in Pink
Lindsey of Occasional Crafting
Maura of Splitcoast Stampers
Robyn of Waterlily Cards
Sheila of Lala Crafts
Shona of Twine Around
Sindhu of Trapped in Craft
Sue of Creations by Bearhouse
Taunya of Daisies Girl
Viv of Daizy Mae's Crafty Blog
July 29, 2014 - NBUS Challenge #1 ($25 gift certificate)
Alanna of Alanna's Spot in the World
Alli of This Small Corner of Texas
Andrea of KandA Creative Moments
Colleen of One Smile Lifts a Spirit
Carol of Our Little Inspirations
Di of Pixie's Playground
Jill of Ribbon Challenged
Mamie - no blog
Marybeth of Marybeth's Time for Paper
Petra of Runaway Cards
Sam of Hetticraft
Susan B. of Splitcoast Stampers
April 5, 2014 - $25 Online Watercolor class
Andrea of Arty Andrea
Bobby of Bits and Pieces
Brenda of Inkspired to Stamp
Judy of Blog This!
Nan of Froggy Designs
Susanne of Keep in Touch
February 14, 2014 - $25 Michael's/JoAnn's Gift Cards
Bev of Happy Dance
Bonnie of Stamping With Klass
Greta of GG Creations
Kim of Cupcakes, Cards, and Kim
Mary of Carolina Cards by Mary