I hope you are feeling bonny today!
We are on Cloud Three here because we have had some teeny-tiny improvement in Mister's swollen leg and foot and it doesn't hurt quite as excruitiously as it has been. Thank you, Hal and Lula!!
I am back today with the twofer from my last post, so if you saw that, you will recognize the sketch from the Share Joy Challenge:
So while The Mister is cuperating, my Nursing duties and my Cooking duties are going well, the later in large part thanks to a couple of guardian angels bringing us food, but my Errand duties are abysmal.
Let's take grocery shopping, for instance. My Mister has spoiled me rotten the last few years and done the shopping, which he knows I hate. (Not that I hate that he does the shopping, but that I hate the shopping.) Now that he is laid up, I'm back to doing it. I mean, it's like riding a bike and I did it for decades, so it's no big whoop. Well, except for when nuisances happen:
- It was 104 degrees outside, so I parked in the shade clear across the parking lot from the store entrance. As I got to within two feet of the door, I remembered that I left my tote bags in the car. In California, we bring our own bags into the store to save the trees and in order that paper can be more wisely used for card-making. If you forget your bags, brown paper bags will be provided to you at a cost of ten cents each.
- Did I do the right thing and return to my car for my bags? You are correct, I did not. As the sweat trickled down between my bosoombas, I believe the words "screw it" could be seen in my thought bubble.
- I grabbed a cart and entered the store. Stopping first to buy every item in the "Entisement Zone" because it soothed me, I walked on. (What does it matter that we don't even eat buffalo-flavored chips?) After walking just a few steps down the first aisle, it became abundantly clear that I got the one cart with a tumor growing on the right front wheel.
- Not only did I need to put my full and considerable weight into steering in order to avoid ramming into the racks, the cart started screeching and barking, "brrwhomp, brrwhomp, brrwhomp" with each revolution.
- Did I turn around and go back outside to grab a different cart before proceeding? You are correct, I did not. Instead, I started humming along, which wasn't easy, leaning as I was half into the cart.
- And so I shopped. I got very adept at man hoovering up and down the aisles until suddenly as I neared the packages of hamster kibble, I felt something inside the back of my pants. Excuse me? I immediately reached around and smacked myself hard, determined to kill whatever the heavens had gotten inside my drawers. (Thank goodness I wasn't standing in front of human snacks or the other customers might have thought I was spanking myself as some form of diet ritual!)
When I stopped to take a breath in the act of slapping whatever it was to death, it dawned on me what was happening. That's right, ladies, you may have guessed what I'm talking about: my wingless panty liner had broken loose and was trying to march its way up and out the backside of my capris! At which point my thought bubble said, "Seriously!"
- Did I slither on out of the store and go home, forgetting the shopping? You are correct, I did not. I tied my sweater around my waist to halt the escape and soldiered on to victory!
And the moral of the story: always carry a sweater with you, even when it's triple digits outside!
Dr. Sonia S V of Cards, Crafts, Kid's Projects. Dr. Sonia has been blogging since 2010! She is an ENT surgeon with a daughter who is also crafty. As you can imagine, you will find no end of inspiration from the incredible cards, 3D projects, recycling projects, kids' projects, and tutorials which Dr. Sonia has shared for the past five years!
Marilyn Cotter of Marilyn's Card Spot. Marilyn just started blogging in January of this year, so please make a special effort to welcome Marilyn to our supportive community! She is retired and living in Arizona, where she enjoys golfing as well as making cards for her friends and loved ones. She also enjoys entering challenges to share her cards with us. I think you will find loads of inspiration from Marilyn's impeccable CAS cards!
I have to say I miss visiting you and commenting! I even missed two hops going on, but I don't feel right playing if I can't comment on other hoppers. This, too, shall pass and I'll be back to normal ~ I use the term loosely! Again, I thank you for understanding!
Click the Home tab under my blog banner which resets the post.
Click Page Down to reach the end of the post.
Click Comments and the pop-up box opens.
Click Jump to Comment Form; no more car pool tunnel! Mwah!
If you ask me a question in your comment, please remember to leave
me your email address so I can respond. Thank you!